THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES WILL BE APPLICABLE FOR THE ENTRANCE AND ATTENDANCE OF YOUTHS:
1. Children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by a person with custodial or parental authority. You can download the custodial authority form here. Please make note of the information on the form >>
2. Children under the age of 16 are allowed to attend until 10:00 pm. After 10:00 pm, they are required to be in custodial or parental company.
3. Children under 18 are allowed to attend until midnight.
4. The promoter shall ensure abidance of these provisions through implementing suitable measures (e.g., publications, admission control).
A16 AND A18 WRISTBANDS
This year, “16plus“ wristbands will be available again at the information stands. Every young visitor above the age of 16 who wishes to drink a beer may provide their ID at an information stand of DAS FEST and receive a “16plus” wristband. Thanks to this wristband, the catering personnel will recognize that the visitor is allowed to drink alcohol. However, this year, “18plus” wristbands will be distributed as well, to allow the consumption of cocktails. By wearing the wristband, you will have to provide your ID only once instead of doing so every time you stand in line at the beverage distribution stands.
This is however voluntary and aims to protect our young visitors.
FURTHER PROVISIONS OF THE (GERMAN) YOUTH PROTECTION ACT SHALL APPLY:
§ 9 Alcoholic drinks – provision and consumption in public areas
• Beer, wine, and champagne consumption is allowed after the age of 16 but NOT before that! Exceptions are children at the age of 14 if they are accompanied by a custodial parent or parent.
• Brandy and brandy-containing drinks or foods and the like (e.g., liquor, Asbach-coke, vodka lemon, cocktails, alcopops, Irish cream mixes) are allowed for 18-year-olds and above.
§ 10 Sale of tobacco and smoking in public areas
• Sale to persons under 18 is prohibited
• This is also valid for nicotine-free products, for example electronic cigarettes or eletronic shishas.
• Smoking must not be allowed to persons under 18.
§ 3 Proclamation of the provisions
• Posting the Youth Protection Act clearly visible and legible
§ 2 Youth Protection Act – promoter’s or seller’s duty of age inspection
The child’s age can be inspected in case of doubt.